Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Ok, I guess that we have to go for your solution of having several
> variants of the source resolver:
>
> SourceResolver.ROLE + "/static" - resolve relative to the defining
> manager, and is implemented as I indicated above. We could modify
> CoreComponentManager so that it automatically creates static resolver
> for each manager.
>
> SourceResolver.ROLE + "/dynamic" - resolve relative the current sitemap
> and uses EnvironmentHelper.resolveURI (or something similar), undefined
> and throws an exception if used when there is no current processor.
>
> Then we should try to change all uses of the current source reolver to
> the new ones and in principle deprecate the CocoonSourceResolver,
> (although a warning in the documentation might be enough).
>
> WDYT?

Why different components? What about using different protocols?
Without a protocol you have the same behaviour as currently and using
"static:" (or a better name) it's resolved relative to the definition.
So no changes of the existing components. Just a protocol switch where
appropriate.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/