Giacomo Pati wrote:

While we are at discussing cleanups.

What about also getting rid of logkit and use what we already have in our dependency lists (log4J, commons-logging, ...)?

I think we definitively need to get a smaller footprint and also get committed to fewer alternatives (of which we do have too many now IMHO, not mentioning other stuff we carry with us just because we do have them since years).
I thought we already discussed this and made log4j the default? If that is the proposal, I'm fine with it. If the proposal means getting rid of our Logger abstraction layer I'm -1 on that.

Ralph