Okay, I really prefer this solution... porting my code from resources to
virtual sitemap components in the future will be very easy from what I have
seen.  Could you please direct me to a few classes to look at and
documentation?  Maybe any pointers you could give for how to proceed?  This
is my first dive into the guts of Cocoon :-)

I really do not want to sacrifice a good design because I'm missing
components.  Also, I would be very interested in taking a better look at the
new way that 2.2 does things, perhaps I will have some relevant input as I
look at this rather complex project I am working on.

Thanks for the help!

AJ