Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> On 14 Nov 2006, at 12:46, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> Jeremy Quinn wrote:

<snip/>
>>> Sylvain suggested a BrowserUpdateSerializer, that could switch
>>> between XML and XHTML depending on the Transport.
>>
>> Yup, the idea of hard-coding it into a serializer is to avoid
>> requiring people to copy/paste this (complex) snippet which is
>> required plumbing they should normally neither modify nor care about.
>>
>> Or is there a way to define this as a system-provided virtual
>> serializer?
>
> Hi Sylvain :)

Eh, I'm still there :-)

> Do we have virtual pipeline components yet ?

I guess so in 2.2...

> I do not know much about them ..... AFAIU resources can only be called
> from the sitemap in which they exist ..... virtual pipeline components
> are a concept similar to resources ?

Yes, with two main differences:
- they are typed (resources can be either generator, transformer or
generator)
- they are visible in subsitemaps, as every other component, whereas
resources are not.

> It looks like I will be adding a system-level sitemap for CForms, to
> handle stuff like upload progress status ..... my plan is to have it
> compiled into the CForms jar, but I have never tried running a sitemap
> from that type of source before ..... has anyone tried to mount a
> sitemap from (eg.)
> resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/system/sitemap.xmap  before ?

Yep! IIRC it works fine! The only issue is relative paths, which are of
course resolved relatively to the location in the classpath. But that is
actually useful is an entire sub-application is packaged in a jar.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net