Grzegorz Kossakowski-3 wrote:

> I see. I think you have described the use case for C2.2 architecture. It's
> basically what blocks has been designed for (but not only for
> such situations).

wow - i am glad to know my crystalball is still working ;-)

>  Most of the infrastructure is already there (especially configuration,
> building and packaging parts).

building and packaging via maven? I have discovered that ones (thanks to the
tutorial steps)
configuration? well - you mean the pom.xml things?

> The only part still
> under development is wiring (servlet-service-fw). With blocks polymorphism
> (see COCOON-2038 issue) and postable source (see COCOON-2046) you
> will get all needed tools to handle even more sophisticated set-ups.

polymorphism would be nice for the database implementation of the concrete
drivers (backend). For wiring beyond spring block i thought i could use
something like "inner piplelines".

> If you have concrete question (how to achieve x) feel free to ask, I'll be
> happy to answer them only if I can help.

yes, there are a lot of question (which is still first try to figure out
myself).
But here is one:

rcl.properties reads like:
com.mycompany.myBlock2.block%classes-dir=../myBlock2/target/classes
%exclude-lib=com.mycompany:myBlock2

ok, i can guess the first line - but why (and when) to exclude libs? The doc
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g5/g1/g1/1298.html does not
give that much detailed information yet

Alex