Phil,

> The proposal is not to move it anywhere, just designate it as
> dormant so people know no one is currently working on it.  Honestly,
> it is basically *acknowledging* its currently dead state.

Absolutely!

> If you intend to work on it, you can commit to the svn file hen posted top
> of this thread.  If you disagree with the whole idea of designating
> things as dormant, you can state that here.  I don't get the
> awfulness of saying something is dormant.  Says nothing about the
> quality or usefulness or whether someone might pick it up later -
> just nobody is working on it now.

I did not say I am against dormant. On the contrary, the term is perfectly
chosen.
(in French, this word is mostly used in the tale of sleeping beauty, la belle
au bois dormant).

I was against "leprosy". Also I would fight against anything that would prevent
new commits.

Also, can someone answer the question about the CHallenge being properly open
in file:

CHALLENGE.txt<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/trunks-proper/CHALLENGE.txt>
Someone mentioned changing the place but was that done?

thanks

Paul