Hi Benedict,

Benedikt Ritter wrote:

> 2014/1/8 Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
>
>> Note that each JRE/JDK version has it's own version of the TZ database.
>> It is also possible to update an installed JRE/JDK with the latest TZ
>> database info.
>>

> I don't expect a lot of users do this (tbh, I wasn't aware of this
> possibility myself...).

Maybe they don't update manually, but every JDK update might also contain an
update of the TZ database info.

Tests relying on TZ must run on defined environment, e.g. by setting the
default TZ in setUp and restoring the original in tearDown. If a test is
using a special feature of a TZ e.g. daylight saving, it must use dates in
the past, e.g. the TZ database info of Java 1.6.0_0 should already contain
it for general Java 1.6 test compatibility.

Cheers,
Jörg