It might help to step back from the story and look at it from the perspective of a Commons CSV user who is familiar with using Maps.

How should a Map derived from a CSVRecord behave?

What happens with the put() and putAll() methods?

What happens when get() and put() are called with invalid keys?

Is the CSVRecord-derived Map going to behave differently than any other Map in a significant way? If yes, do we really want to do that?

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com