CORRECTION: The patch in the Jira issue is a simplified version of Gary's implementation.

I started with the design I proposed - an inner class Map implementation backed by CSVRecord, but then implementing entrySet() and such became complicated. So I changed it to the inner class being backed by a HashMap, then reduced that to a simplified version of Gray's implementation.

I apologize for the confusion.

-Adrian

Quoting Adrian Crum <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>:

I agree with Emmanuel. We don't want CSVRecord to devolve into a god class that tries to be everything to everybody. "Do only one thing, and do it really well" is the design pattern I prefer.

I created a patch for the design I proposed a few days ago. Please consider using it.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-104

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com