On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 14:17:06 -0800, Gary Gregory wrote:
On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 9:08 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We need to agree on a name.  My own preference is for a boring,
> descriptive name, but I am manifestly not a marketing guy, so won't
> be offended if others want to be more creative.
>
> My suggestion is
>
> MathComponents
>
> Hearkens back to HttpComponents, which has worked pretty well.

I've just started learning modern Greek and Math is Μαθηματικά -
 (Mathematika) - so how about "Apache Mathematika"?

And get a nasty letter from https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/ perhaps?

Gary

Are you implying that they would dare challenge our usage of a name
that is absolutely not entertaining any confusion?
As anyone can observe,
1. there is a prefix referring to a native American tribe (which thus
   has nothing to do with programming computers), and
2. the (common) word referring to "mathematics" is clearly spelled
   differently.

Thus, _nothing_ to worry about.
8-}

Gilles