Hi All,

Gilles: I can see you are frustrated by the late comments and opinions when
the code has been sitting in the repo for all to see. I hope we can resolve
all of this amicably.

All: We have only one shot at 1.0, this will set the tone for a 1.x line.
If things change/mature/break enough then it becomes 2.0, but if it happens
too soon, then it might give the impression that our process is not mature.

It seems we have a difference of opinion as to whether the current code is
ready for 1.0.

Now that we have both sides engaged in this discussion, we can try to
resolve these differences in email agreements or in code changes. Maybe the
-1 party could create Jiras to address specific issues, or should all this
happen on the ML?

>From my experience, when I or someone finds any problem with an RC I
rolled, I sigh, cancel, and redo; but not before complaining to myself that
if there where not 50 steps to do a release, it would be less of a pain.

Gary