On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:16:43 +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
Le 22/09/2016 à 12:52, Gilles a écrit :

Since Apache releases source code, is it enough to have the
license text in the  Java source file?
Or should should a copy of the same license text also appear
in "LICENCE.txt"?

I'm not sure, but I think it should be either in LICENSE.txt or NOTICE.txt.

The fact is that we don't distribute the original code (in C)
but a Java port (that has undergone several transformations).

(we also release binaries with the jar files uploaded to Maven Central,
and they contain the LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt files).

It is confusing to read at times that "Apache only releases sources" and
at other that we also release binaries...

Gilles

Emmanuel Bourg