On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 15:46:54 +0100, sebb wrote:
On 9 August 2017 at 13:51, Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
Hi.

Build with Java 8 runs fine:
  https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-math/jobs/262647212

But with Java 7:
  https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-math/jobs/262647211

Is anyone willing to debug this failure?

1) Bug in maven-jgit-buildnumber-plugin - rather noisy when it cannot
find the current git info

That's not what makes the build fail since it happens in both.

2) Bug in JVM - buffer overflow.

That's the issue.

[I should have mentioned that I had also read the job log,
before posting.]

Both of these could happen with any Java version.

Or is this a hint for making Java 8 the minimum supported
version for the next release?

That is not a valid conclusion from the evidence.

How do you draw that conclusion?

More to the point, my request is: What to do to fix the negative
advertisement for the project which this Travis issue propagates
(see badge):
  https://github.com/apache/commons-math