On 25 August 2018 at 09:48, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2018-08-25, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
>> Our release plugin already creates SHA256 and SHA512 files and saves those
>> to Apache's dev/dist for an RC as part of creating an RC, pushing it to
>> Nexus and dist/dev.

Ah, I've not looked at that yet.

>> Is what you are referring to for a different purpose?
>
> Probably for those who don't want to use the release plugin :-)

I was mainly following up on the thread about updating CP to AP 21 [1]

But yes, it could be used as an alternative hashing method.
In which case, if it is going to be put in CP rather than individual
POMs, it should be in its own profile.
(Or possibly two, one for SHA256 and one for SHA512?)

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a130864e39cc4ffb15c4018dc05142a405861b523fd14573010ea3e0@%3Cdev.commons.apache.org%3E