On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 19:05:55 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
On 2018-08-25, Gilles wrote:

On 25 August 2018 at 09:48, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
On 2018-08-25, Gary Gregory wrote:

Is what you are referring to for a different purpose?

Probably for those who don't want to use the release plugin :-)

But yes, it could be used as an alternative hashing method.

I thought that the release plugin was intended for all
components to converge on the same release "recipe"...

That's not my understanding. We vote on the release artifacts; how these
are created is up to the release manager. The release plugin offers a
way to make releases easier but it is never going to become the only
permitted way of cutting releases.

It's not what I meant either, even if it ultimately would
become the preferred, easy and fool-proof, way.
The suggestion is more on sub-project configuration (POM)
convergence.

Stefan