Hello Amey.

Le mar. 2 juin 2020 à 03:01, Amey Jadiye <ameyjad...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi Gilles,
>
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2020, 4:36 AM Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello.

> > > Thanks for all the information/support guys. I dug into the archives and
> > > found this[1] is the most recent interest shown by someone in
> > > commons-graph.
> > > even created a Jira[2] with lots of digestible information and todo
> > already
> > > but never progressed anymore. looks like maintainers left it here[3] with
> > > no more progress.
> > >
> > > I used the existing commons-graph 0.1-SNAPSHOT  and basic things look
> > good
> > > to me however need more things for my project and I found them in some
> > > other OSS libs. I will be happy to see commons-graph graduated and see it
> > > as the proper component, with my free time I will be working on this for
> > > the next couple of weeks. I see the problem of graph being not on GitHub
> > > though, I hope communication on Jira will suffice and effective to
> > > communicate the patches (as graph is on svn).
> >
> > You can always post a new message with the specific subject
> > of moving it to git, in order to elicit opinions and, maybe,
> > conditions.
> >

> Let me do that, it be good we move for further management of code and
> contribution.
>

> > > I see some 16 Jiras open right now in the sandbox[4] so I will pick up
> > some
> > > of them. I like the idea to compare the commons-graph with other
> > libraries
> > > and that makes roadmap to have all the features plus some more which are
> > > not even in them.
> > >
> > > Now to start with I wanted to clear little confusion with what is
> > released
> > > and what's not, I see two releases of commons-graph on maven central[5]
> > it
> > > shows apache feather on it not sure if commons PMC released it with fork?
> > > versions are  0.8 and 0.8.1 however site[6] shows just a 0.1-SNAPSHOT. I
> > > went further to compare code decompiled from maven central jar(0.8.1)
> > with
> > > what's in svn(0.1-SNAPSHOT)  *differences are huge*, leaving it. and
> > > focusing on whats on svn.
> > >
> > > since the commons-graph is not as huge as some of the other commons
> > > projects to be modular at this point. we should progress it with a single
> > > module and after it stabilized in proper we can think of modularization.
> >
> > IMHO, it is preferable to make the component modular
> > sooner (while it is relatively small) rather than later.
> > As this will require to determine which parts need to
> > belong together and the (acyclic graph of) dependencies,
> > it will probably help improve the design.
> >
> If that's the case it should be 1st thing to do, I will create structure
> and propose for opinions.

I've just noticed that  quite some work was done towards
that goal.  I created the corresponding branch on "gitbox".
>From a quick glance, the maven modules do not follow the
convention of modular components such as "Commons
RNG": a module's name should be
  commons-graph-api
rather then just
  api

I suggest that you take "Commons RNG" as an example,
and update [Graph] accordingly (namely the POM files).

[Somehow the tool recommended by INFRA did not do a full
job of duplicating the code base on SVN...  There are other
(older) branches there; so you might want to have a look and
let us know whether you want them on git too or whether they
are outdated.]