>> > You just sent me a message I didn't want - and I need to delete it now
>> > ;)
>> >
>> > But tongue in cheek aside. We are on a dev list.
>> > Commits, issues all generate traffic that are caused by other people.
>>
>> I'm sure that you see the difference between a bot-generated
>> message and a post by a human.
>>

> TBH not in terms of your "you act, and I must react" argument.

It was not an argument, but a statement of fact.
Did you missed/skip the start of the thread, where I merely
asked what was the flood (like I don't think we've have ever
seen) about?
My remark came after getting a blunt reply that I should
read those messages (though they obviously weren't even
fitted to be read in a mail client) and go figure out (after the
fact) how to not see them.

>> If you are not willing to deal with that, we might have very different
>> > expectations.
>>
>> My expectations did not change, as I explain in the [VOTE] thread
>> about the purposes of "issues@".
>>

> I didn't say they changed, but they do seem to be very different from mine.

Care to share your experience of dealing with those hundreds
of bot posts?
Mine is that either I can get useful info out of them, or I should
not receive them.  [Getting automatic messages, and having
them thrown away automatically upon reception seems like a
useless dissipation of heat.]

The problem is that indeed some messages from "issues@" are
useful (otherwise I would have unsubscribed already...).