Hi Alex,

I'm sure you know your project specific better, and probably separate list
is the best/only solution. I don't see any problems if the community agrees
about it and a new list is well documented.

But uniformity of mailing lists between Apache projects helps a lot to
contribute to different projects. You always know where to write. If you
will to contribute to the project - you can write to a dev. If you just use
it - to a user.

I would like to propose to use user list with some mark in emails. Then
some filtered view can be prepared for emails related to upstream.

I hope it helps.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov