We've had a similar idea / discussion on dev@subversion.a.o a year
ago, w.r.t. downstream from Subversion [1].

them, where topics could be discussed that would be of interest to
downstreamers (packagers / distributors, integrators, people building
all kinds of software on top of Subversion, ...). Not only one-way
interaction like with an announce list, but both ways (hoping to get
feedback from them regarding API's that are in development, desires
from their side, etc ...), and also trying to create interaction
between the downstreamers themselves. A concrete use-case at that time
was also to ask them for help in getting beta's into the hands of
users (in appropriate ways, to get feedback back to us).

Anyway, apart from that one discussion on dev@ (on which at least one
downstreamer responded with "yes, I'd be interested"), we never did
bring it to fruition unfortunately. So it's still just an idea in the
back of our heads. I'd be interested to know what other communities
think or perhaps have already set up for something like this.

Using specific prefixes on mails on users@ could be an alternative, or
even putting some known people's email addresses specifically in the
recipients list, in addition to users@.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0f8c363ea7b24b0e62616895a5bdac73d89e7dc56cfd540d6bb41db6@%3Cdev.subversion.apache.org%3E

--