Hi Joan,

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 9:18 PM Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I'm firmly of the opinion that you can't completely ignore real-time
> communications and expect 100% of everything to occur asynchronously
> on mailing lists....

I totally agree with that, as you say synchronous discussions will
happen anyway and that's good.

OTOH I think we have a number of podlings, and maybe projects, for
which the dev list seems to be just an annoyance, things happen on
Slack anyway so who cares? I'm pushing it a bit here but just a bit.

I think there's a balance to be found, and in that sense it's great if
people can tell the stories of what works in their projects. Blog
posts in the "Success at Apache" series or under
https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/ would be *very* welcome, and I'm
happy to help make them happen, review etc. if desired.

Is your doctoral research available online? It sounds quite relevant
to what we're discussing here.

-Bertrand