I Bertrand,

Well I still think that I personally would rather sign up to an
i...@apache.org mailinglist than to a t...@apache.org one.
So I guess we'll just vote on it ... do we have 2-way votes?

Sort of:

-1: No: don't want any list
+T: Yes, but want a tech-list
+I: Yes, but want an IoT-list

Chris

Am 07.06.19, 13:33 schrieb "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>:

    On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 12:48 PM Christofer Dutz
    <christofer.d...@c-ware.de> wrote:
    > ...For me it looks as if tech@ would be one huge list ...

    It *might* eventually become large, then big, then huge...but like
    everything it will start small.

    If it does indeed grow, it *might* be fine to farm out specific busy
    topics to their own lists.

    Until then, a single list is the best way to create momentum around a
    place to have cross-cutting technical discussions at the ASF.

    I think I've exposed my position, multiple times so I'll stop now and
    as mentioned whoever does the work decides.

    Please just keep the <tongue-in-cheek>Wisdom Of The
    Elders<tongue-in-cheek> in mind, as reported at

https://grep.codeconsult.ch/2011/12/06/stefanos-mazzocchis-busy-list-pattern/
    (blog post of mine based on content provided by Stefano Mazzocchi’s,
    Apache Cocoon's original author)

    -Bertrand