Hi all,

I agree that the ASF doesn't have to allow such a Support Inc. thing. However,
if it officially supported it or even stated that it's fine with the way it
operates that could be a benefit for Support Inc. being accepted.

Of course, would this be a company with paid staff, therefore people doing
business through it, definitely will have to pay a certain low percentage or a
fixed amount for contracts going through it. I'd even suggest that excess
earnings could flow back to the ASF as donations.

Also, would I think the core purpose of this Support Inc should be to help
provide a sustainable income for individuals or small businesses that work in
Open-Source and not to become the next unicorn, that brings millions of dollars
to its shareholders pockets. I bet a company known for operating this way would
have a plus on the marketing side. I at least would rather hire a company that
I know the money flows back into the people behind the projects than into the
pockets of shareholders.

Initially I even thought this might be something we could use part of that
500k$ donation for, which should be targeted at creating an endowment. I know
we're currently struggling with this a bit, but I have no idea if the ASF would
be allowed to do such a move. So perhaps a Support Endowment might be an option?

Chris