Yeah,

That's exactly what I wanted to address. The bootstrapping: creating contacts
for the different types of services (legal) , setup and run the infrastructure
to serve the offers I want to do and keep them updated and patched
(infrastructure), handling payments and chacing after companies not willing to
pay (finance), establish a place people know to offer the services (marketing
and pr) (this is probably the thing requiring most work) and something to not
appear to be a solo fighter, but be part of something bigger.

I for my part have invested a big part of my last years on all of this. In the
end I failed mainly because my company is too small and can't compete with the
big closed-source names. Now I'm planning on ending my business after 24 years,
as I'm tired of fighting.

But I would hate to see others in the same situation, so I would love to help
others be successful. If what I learned the hard way helps, that's the
open-source idea on a next level. And I think something like what I proposed
would probably be the thing I personally would have loved to have had and I
probably would still be fully self-employed, if such a thing existed.

Thinking of my green energy supplier: when I saw the certificate of approval,
that Greenpeace attests them serving truly green energy, that convinced me to
choose them. Perhaps some form of "Apache approves the way this thing
works"-certificate that needs to be renewed (yearly), could be a form to do
this without any problematic ties?

Chris

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>