> What does it mean to “enable” marketing? If that’s the same level of
marketing we get at the ASF already, then it’s dead in the water for most
projects.

The best is to show an example here.

This is the initiative I recently supported
https://opencollective.com/devfest-for-ukraine/ (And I heartily recommend
it - I know the organizers and they are very legit).

"Enable marketing" in the sense that OpenCollective pre-vets their
collectives and you can market it yourself via social media and other
channels and it is not a scam. I think anyone running any kind of
collective like that (including PMCs and others) are responsible for their
own marketing, using the networking, social media, tools, direct outreach
etc. Expecting that someone will do it for you is not going to work.

Having a landing page like that which is hosted with a reputable
organisation that pre-vets their campaigns and one that you can see who the
people are, you can see who else is supporting it is a fantastic marketing
tool that you can use. And this is really good value that such
organisations can bring.

J.