 - Seamless multi-master sync, that scales from Big Data to Mobile,
  with an Intuitive HTTP/JSON API and designed for Reliability.

## Issues:
 - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Big News™: The IBM Cloudant team has started a discussion around
   replacnig the bottom ~2/3s of CouchDB (file storage, btree,
   distributed computing layer) with FouncationDB, keeping most
   API semantics, but allowing for faster evolution of much needed
   CouchDB features while building on a reliable, wait for it,
   foundation.

   For now this is a discussion, ranging across many threads covering
   everyting from FDB governance considerations, the detailed tech bits
   as they pertain to CouchDB, as well as overall project roadmap.

   This is sparked a huge, and very fruitful discussion, including a
   transition phase and long-term support for existing users, who for
   one reason or another couldn’t do the future transition.

   Tentatively, this would be CouchDB 4.0 while the next major release
   would be aimed at being “The best version of CouchDB we can make
   without FoundationDB”, including several long-awaited features that
   have either recently landed or are nearing completion at the moment.
   Curiously, discussing a potential 4.0 has sparked activity around
   getting 3.0 done sooner.

   We expect the discussion threads to wrap up before long, after which
   we should have talked through all the relevant details so we can
   make an informed Vote.

 - Preparation of versions 2.3.1 (bugfix) and 2.4.0 (major new features).

## Health report:
 - The aboforementioned discussion has raised dev@ mail traffic to
   rarely seen heights.

## PMC changes:
 - Currently 15 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Nick Vatamaniuc on Tue Nov 07 2017

## Committer base changes:
 - Currently 64 committers.
 - Jay Doane was added as a committer on Sat Jan 05 2019

## Releases:
 - 2.3.0 was released on Thu Dec 06 2018

## Mailing list activity:
 - Just to show the increase in activity on dev@ alone due to the
   FoundationDB discussion.

 - dev@couchdb.apache.org:
    - 538 subscribers (down -12 in the last 3 months):