There's nothing conceptually special about the consumer model vs.
regular annotators (Analysis Engines). You can write an output format
from any analysis engine as long as it is after the annotations you need
in the pipeline. If you have global constraints (like in an ARFF file I
think you need to know all the CUIs in your corpus to write the
attribute list?), then it is important to use the process() method
[called once per document] to store CUIs in a non-UIMA class variable
(for example, a map from file id to a list/set/multiset of CUIs), and
then use the collectionProcessComplete() [called once after all
documents have been processed] method to do the actual writing of the file.

Hope that is useful, sorry I couldn't tie it in to your previous YTEX
exporter but I'm not familiar with that process.

Tim