Well, now that I understand that it was meant specifically for client only
(its kind of odd, because JsonStreamingAsyncSubscriber is really for
subscribers, which is more on the server produced response).

What if we just had distinct modules for reactive-client and
reactive-server?

But either way, I'm not sure I follow your thoughts yet, since my use case
is just taking an existing Flux/Mono and piping it to a AsyncResponse
(nothing to do with client).

Granted, by doing that, I'm relying on internal CXF code, but it works.

John