I'm reviewing the PR now, I'll let you know if I see anything that jumps
out at me.

My guess is this probably an autocrlf issue. It's possible your windows
git installation didn't set this to true so git isn't replacing LF with
CRLF. If you change the core.autocrlf git config option to true and
reclone the repo, you might be able to reproduce the issue.