Hi,

DeltaSpike itself is currently configured in at least 2 different ways:
* using interfaces extending DeltaSpikeConfig:
 ** org.apache.deltaspike.jpa.api.transaction.TransactionConfig
 ** org.apache.deltaspike.jsf.api.config.JsfModuleConfig
 (** PropertyFileConfig (Why? It does not configure just DS itself.))

* using interfaces with static TypedConfig instances:
 ** org.apache.deltaspike.testcontrol.impl.jsf.MyFacesTestBaseConfig
 ** org.apache.deltaspike.testcontrol.api.junit.TestBaseConfig
 ** org.apache.deltaspike.scheduler.impl.SchedulerBaseConfig
 ** org.apache.deltaspike.jsf.api.config.base.JsfBaseConfig
 ** org.apache.deltaspike.core.api.config.base.CoreBaseConfig

My questions are:
* why does PropertyFileConfig implement DeltaSpikeConfig? Doesn't make
sense to me, given the purpose of DeltaSpikeConfig.

* is there any reason why the ones from the first category
(TransactionConfig and JsfModuleConfig) couldn't be implemented using
the second way (TypedConfig)?

* if none of the above is applicable, then: shouldn't the TypedConfig
ones (CoreBaseConfig, ...) implement DeltaSpikeConfig as well?

I hacked up a quick suggestion of how this could look:
https://github.com/rsmeral/deltaspike/commit/b5be1c79b67d6a15b30036ed90a
7b90fba9b5e00

Currently, having two ways of configuration defies the purpose of
DeltaSpikeConfig -- that is allowing to find DS configuration points
easily.

WDYT?

Regards,
Ron