Opps, I accidentally skipped the granting permissions step which should be in the Linux instructions as well. If you choose to provide "System Requirements" then don't forget them. Currently, the HTML code has them as URLs pointing to nothing really.

Valden Longhurst wrote:
The first step in the Linux and Solaris installations is "su to become superuser." This is unnecessary as you do it again in step four. Also, step two under Linux needs to be changed as this will not work without the z flag. Here are some suggestions for Linux, if you are willing:

   1. Start a shell

2. To install the software for all users, type the following to become superuser:
      su -

   3. Extract the compressed package with the following command:
      tar -zxvf Ooo_3.1.0_LinuxIntel_install_wJRE_en-US.tar.gz
Note: The filename above might differ depending upon what you downloaded.

   4. Change directory to the folder that the tar command created.
      cd Ooo_3.1.0_LinuxIntel_install_wJRE_en-US
Note: The directory name above might differ depending upon what you extracted in the tar step.

   5. Start the setup program and follow the instructions.
      ./setup

   6. Exit the superuser shell:
      exit

P.S. I can provide screenshots of the Linux install if desired.

Per Eriksson wrote:
Hello,

I have a first draft available. What about something like this:

http://erinet.se/ooo/doc/instructions.html

Per
<snip>