>> In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to use OOoWriter to author and
>> edit the docs, save them to webserver (just via save), and be able to
>> automatically/immediately have them rendered into Webpages (as in the
>> way the Wiki works).  There is not yet a OOo based Wiki :-) It'd be the
>> best of both worlds.
>>

> this can be solved by software, so it is not a problem. May be today,
> but not tomorrow.
> See the ODF @ WWW project proposed by Kay Ramme some time ago, and watch
> the screencast at http://odf-at-www.openoffice.org/

Aha.. I knew it was there somewhere, but I couldn't find it.. so I
didn't want to try and name it and be caught out without a URL I could
point people at :-)  Thanks for remembering that one Uwe.

> And I would be very happy if the Help source files would be available
> for editing by every interested user. Still a long and winding road to
> edit and compile the set of Help files.

Definitely.. that's another side of this large challenge we face... the
Application help.  A long and winding road is not descriptive enough for
the way the Application help is developed.

It would be nice if the Application help was also simplified and easier
for the community to work on.

It's definitely something to think about.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead