Apology again for the confusion.
I agree with what you have mentioned before in gitter: i think you can work on
the one that your are depending on now, til you think the integration job is
stable enough, all problems related with dubbo cleared. Then we can change to
the announced official one(by when we may have fixed with the repo and release
problems). As most of the basic configuration of this two repos seems to be the
same, most works can be reused, anyway, i’d like to help you with the
compatible problems then, if i am able to.
What do you think Mercy?
> On 7 Mar 2018, at 5:04 PM, Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all
> I'm working on spring-cloud-sleuth tracing integration with dubbo.
> We've had users requesting dubbo for a while now for spring boot
> One of the commitments we made was to have dubbo tracing included for
> spring boot 2 applications, leveraging the efforts we made in the
> Zipkin library Brave (which similarly had a backlog of dubbo
> The good news is that, I've been able to get this working, which is awesome.
> I'm only waiting a couple small patches and we are ready to go! The
> community have been great and the plugin changes quickly in the right
> I ran into a glitch as I was told that the plugin I use, the "alibaba"
> variant, is not official. Rather, the "dubbo" one was.
> https://github.com/alibaba/dubbo-spring-boot-starter < I am using this
> and it works
> https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-spring-boot-project < haven't tried this, yet
> I would like to try the other version, but it seems to be in release
> limbo. For example, it is not published anywhere and there are some
> concerns about publishing it while apache takes its course.
> Meanwhile, I actually like the plugin I am using and the person
> maintaining it is good. This is a tough situation to be in where what
> is working is not recommended, and what is recommended I have to build
> or consume snapshot of.
> How should we proceed on this?