On 07/03/18 09:49, Ian Luo wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
> First of all, my apology for the confusion. The project under dubbo  group
> is the official project we plan to maintain in long term for Spring Boot
> support. I encourage you try it first and share your feedback if there’s any.
> In order to not block Adrian’s work, I suggest to publish it with the
> existing groupId/artifactId since we can always republish with the new
> groupId/artifactId in the next release cycle after the transition finishes.
> To dubbo’s mentors, I am not sure if it is appropriated for my proposal. Pls.
> correct me once you read the message since we plan to release
> spring-boot-starter officially very soon (by the end of this week or the
> early of the next week).
> 1. https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-spring-boot-project
I need a little more information before offering an opinion.
1. Who is the "we" that intends to publish the release?
2. How will the release be named (including Maven co-ordinates)?
3. Is it intended that this code will become part of Apache Dubbo? If
so, what stage is this code at in its transition to the ASF?
>> On 7 Mar 2018, at 5:04 PM, Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, all
>> I'm working on spring-cloud-sleuth tracing integration with dubbo.
>> We've had users requesting dubbo for a while now for spring boot
>> One of the commitments we made was to have dubbo tracing included for
>> spring boot 2 applications, leveraging the efforts we made in the
>> Zipkin library Brave (which similarly had a backlog of dubbo
>> The good news is that, I've been able to get this working, which is awesome.
>> I'm only waiting a couple small patches and we are ready to go! The
>> community have been great and the plugin changes quickly in the right
>> I ran into a glitch as I was told that the plugin I use, the "alibaba"
>> variant, is not official. Rather, the "dubbo" one was.
>> https://github.com/alibaba/dubbo-spring-boot-starter < I am using this
>> and it works
>> https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-spring-boot-project < haven't tried this, yet
>> I would like to try the other version, but it seems to be in release
>> limbo. For example, it is not published anywhere and there are some
>> concerns about publishing it while apache takes its course.
>> Meanwhile, I actually like the plugin I am using and the person
>> maintaining it is good. This is a tough situation to be in where what
>> is working is not recommended, and what is recommended I have to build
>> or consume snapshot of.
>> How should we proceed on this?