Hi Mark,

Pls. check my comments below.

Thanks,
-Ian.

> On 7 Mar 2018, at 6:09 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 07/03/18 09:49, Ian Luo wrote:
>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>> First of all, my apology for the confusion. The project under dubbo [1]
>> group is the official project we plan to maintain in long term for Spring
>> Boot support. I encourage you try it first and share your feedback if
>> there’s any.
>>
>> In order to not block Adrian’s work, I suggest to publish it with the
>> existing groupId/artifactId since we can always republish with the new
>> groupId/artifactId in the next release cycle after the transition finishes.
>>
>> To dubbo’s mentors, I am not sure if it is appropriated for my proposal.
>> Pls. correct me once you read the message since we plan to release
>> spring-boot-starter officially very soon (by the end of this week or the
>> early of the next week).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Ian.
>>
>> 1.  https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-spring-boot-project
>
> Hi,
>
> I need a little more information before offering an opinion.
>
> 1. Who is the "we" that intends to publish the release?

[iluo]: Here “we” means dubbo development team.

> 2. How will the release be named (including Maven co-ordinates)?

[iluo]: It will be com.alibaba.boot:dubbo-spring-boot-starter at this moment.

> 3. Is it intended that this code will become part of Apache Dubbo? If
> so, what stage is this code at in its transition to the ASF?

[iluo]: It’s a side project [1] of Apache Dubbo. All projects under dubbo group
[2] will be included in this transition, you could check details from JIRA
issue DUBBO-3 [3].

1. https://github.com/dubbo/dubbo-spring-boot-project
2. https://github.com/dubbo
3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/DUBBO/issues/DUBBO-3