> On Jun 12, 2017, at 10:23 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
> wrote:
>
> Well “mvn test” would run the maven lifecycle up to the test phase, this
> includes compiling etc … and compiling doesn’t work with Java7.
Maven doesn’t have the notion of build-avoidance / artifact reuse?
I can imagine that even if it did, it might record the JDK version used to
generate the artifacts and then not reuse them when the current JDK version is
different.

> We could probably create some solution to manually load and run the tests
> inside the test-jars but integrating this into one nice Maven build could be
> a challenging task, so say the least … but we wouldn’t have to, if you would
> be ok with the signature-verification option.
I’m holding out till I better understand maven’s behavior/limitations and what
other strategies might exist :-)

> Seems not, so I’ll continue digging … but this one will probably take a
> little longer.

What do other projects do if for example they build/release to a
least-common-demonitor, e.g., 1.7, and still want to do actual test
verification against the higher compatible/supported version, e.g., 1.8?  They
don’t/can’t use standard maven machinery for that?  They must build some
parallel test execution / reporting machinery?

— Dale