I hear your pain :-)

FWIW, I did import your key using the (possibly incomplete?) directions
reported by the script.
That’s why I was wondering if you saw the same thing for 1.2.0 and 1.1.0.

I did what it told me to below when it failed the 1st time I ran it.
buildTools/download_edgent_asf.sh —validate 1.2.0 1
If the following bundle gpg signature checks fail, you may need to
import the project's list of signing keys to your keyring
    $ gpg downloaded-edgent-1.2.0rc1/KEYS            # show the included keys
    $ gpg --import downloaded-edgent-1.2.0rc1/KEYS
…