To the Mifos and Fineract dev communities -

My name is Steve Conrad, and I have recently begun volunteering with the
Mifos/Fineract community and really appreciate the great work that you all
are doing.

I wanted to propose a new project to migrate the Fineract platform to MySQL
5.7. There are several features in MySQL 5.7 that would benefit the project
- performance, embedded JSON objects in the schema, multithreaded
replication, among others.

When I installed Fineract locally, I used MySQL 5.7. I had to change a few
of the database migration scripts. I have obviously not gone through all of
the use cases, but so far am running with no issues.

Does anyone know of any reasons why we could not move to MySQL 5.7?
Obviously there would be a large testing task, but it may be a worthwhile
investment to keep the Fineract platform current.

Thanks,
Steve