Hello there,

I want to setup Fineract CN. I checked the updated setup guide and step
three requires me to install MySQL 5.7.

Now, this is my worry: I have Mifos X on my PC and installed MySQL 5.5 as a
result of the complications I had with 5.7. Is it possible to use 5.5
instead of 5.7 for Fineract CN

Please advise me on what to do.

Note: I can't afford to run two SQL servers at the moment. Also, can I work
on Fineract CN without experimenting with Mifos X? I can get rid of the
Mifos X however, I would like to have it and continue studying it whiles I
working on Fineract CN. Can I keep both in the system and use the same
MySQL server (5.5)?

*Best Regards,*

*Ebenezer Graham*

*BSc (Hons) Computing*

[image: EmailSignature.png]

Beau Plan Business Park | West Building

Pamplemousses |  Mauritius

<http://www.pactmart.com/>
​​ <http://www.pactmart.com/>
www.pactmart.com | Freelancing made easy.
​
skype:
​ebenezer.graham
​ | Phone:
+230 5840 9206
GitHub <https://github.com/ebenezergraham> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ebenezer-graham/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/pactmart> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pactmart> | Personal Website / CV
<http://ebenezergraham.github.io/>

*“Practice isn’t the thing you do once you’re good. It’s the thing you do
that makes you good.”*
-*Malcolm Gladwell*