But if I understand it correctly, wouldn't it mean in Erik's model that when I
create my own custom datagrid component for instance, I would also have to
write a JS version for this? (For me personally this is what I would want to
avoid -- writing JS myself :) )

Does anybody know what GWT is doing excactly and how the current paths we (the
flexers) have choosen compare to that?
To me it seems pretty nice in GWT to be writing your own HTML, and just plug in
your java (which then cross compiles).
Do you guys think this a good model?

(I'm not saying we should this or that, and that i think somebody is choosing
the wrong path right now. I think all of you guys are doing an amazing job, and
I wouldn't be able to do anything similar myself.
Just trying to make some discussion and gather info, because I think that is
healthy, at all times)

And nice Job Erik, looking forward to experiment with it!!