On 4/29/13 4:52 PM, "Carlos Rovira" <carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm entering this days FlexJS - FalconJX and trying to make some
> contributions as I learn all the work done until date. I think there's very
> good ideas in the AS framework like the IStrand-IBead approach or the MXML
> data structure vs AS3 old generation. Really very cool and I see here lots
> of fun and hope to be able to have the time and skills to make some
> contribution along the way.
>
> For the moment I shared, just few minutes ago, a createjs checkbox control
> implementation while I'm familiarizing with all the pieces, but I would
> love to contribute with other things like containers, layouts, or a state
> implementation as time and skills allow.
>
> Now some questions since although I'm coding and compiling I already have
> some problems:
>
> 1.- In the createjs example, the SWF compilation does not run for me. It
> shows the folowing RTE at launch:
>
> TypeError: Error #1034: Error de conversión forzada: no se puede convertir
> flash.events::Event@1088d4f29 en org.apache.flex.events.Event.
>

> is this normal?
That sounds like a bug.  Hopefully Peter can look at in tomorrow.

> The others sample I tried works ok both for me in Flash and JS.
>

> 2.- One thing I would like to see in a new Flex framework implementation is
> to be able to build with maven from beginning. What do you think about it?
>
> This would require change structure of the projects (FlexJSUI) to
> accommodate it to Maven. This does not mean that you need maven to build
> it. People using ANT could continue building with ANT, but taking maven
> into account from the beginning will make things more easy than convert it
> later and, as we get something more mature, will be more *enterprise
> friendly*.

I'm ok with it, but please wait for a week or so until Erik comes back and
checks in his major cleanup.

> 4- I'm a bit worried about debuging. Right now I don't see how can we get a
> decent debugging functionality. Threre's something planned?
On the AS or JS side?  What issues did you run into?  On the AS side I run
the "Debug" configuration and can use the FB debugger.  On the JS side I
launch Chrome and turn on JS debugging.

> Thanks for any insight and thanks for the updated documentation in the
> wiki to reflect the actual state of the project, it was crucial for me to
> get right info to get my environment working. I think I can't make changes
> in the wiki, so someone could grant privileges in the wiki? my username is
> "carlosrovira".
Do you have a wiki account?  It is separate from your apache account.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team