The thing I don't fully understand is this:

Swiz is already licensed under the Apache License ( https://github.com/swiz/swiz-framework/blob/develop/LICENSE ). If people want to contribute, use, or modify then what is stopping them?

How will bringing the Swiz framework into the Apache Flex project help Apache Flex? How will bringing the Swiz framework into the Apache Flex project help the Swiz framework?

 I don't have an answer to either.

 I don't understand why the union is needed; which is why I voted 0.