@Alex.
Like I said before No offense to the work you guys put into FlexJS.
>From a technical point of view a fascinating  effort.
But the question is how do you plan to compete against stuff like GWT,
Typescript, Dart ?

"Feel free to get going on the things in your list".

I think I showed my work on Flash/Flex on this list several times.
I never been a fan of ActionScript/MXML because i beliebe it s the wrong
approach.
But I do invest lots of time on Flex/Flash and still make good money from
it.

> On 12/9/14, 2:54 PM, "Alain Ekambi" <jazzmatad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >@Gary Yang.
> >Cant agree more.
> >
> >Why  would one use
> >ActionScript to cross compile to JS ?
>
> Because there are millions of lines of existing AS and MXML code out there
> and those who want to reduce the cost of getting that code to run in more
> places can leverage cross-compilation.
>

> >The Flash platform is a terrific platform. Instead of putting efforts to
> >create unique capabilities (Clientside PDF, Excel, 3D Maps) effort are
> >waste to compile to JS.
>
> Well, that’s the Apache Way.  Folks ask for something, someone starts
> working on it, other folks join in.  Several folks I talked to wanted
> something like FlexJS, so I started in on it and others have joined.  I
> haven’t noticed any requests for the things in your list, and quite
> frankly, FlexJS is just more interesting to me.  Feel free to get going on
> the things in your list.

Alain Ekambi

Co-Founder

Ahomé Innovation Technologies