On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

> In one post on another thread today, Josh indicated it would be acceptable
> to have a dependency on goog at least for now just to have something to
> play with.  And having a limited amount of goog in the output meets my
> needs so there are two customers who at least want to try the same thing.
>
> IMO, you have to find a way to control the order all of these classes get
> set up, and you can roll your own or wait for ES6 or use one of the
> established mechanisms.  And as soon as you choose one of the established
> ones, you have a framework dependency and aren’t quite so vanilla anymore.

In randori, I wrote a binary tree dependency check that sorted and worked,
putting the non dependents ABOVE the dependnets in a list.

The problem here is that was one monolithic file, the other config Mike had
for individual files used his own custom loader system.

Since people will want individual files for at least debugging, it seems
goog is the only option for now.

> I will not be surprised if FlexJS customers start asking for RequireJS
> instead of goog.require and then we’ll probably create an emitter for
> that.  Unless everybody moves to ES6 modules first.

The way it is,the dependency emit should be encapsulated from the rest of
the emitter IMO. That way we can switch out down the road, but I need to
get into this code and see how embedded goog is in the rendering structure.

> I think we could choose to stick with goog.require and not use
> goog.inherit and use Object.create instead.

Ok, I will do this, that is the Babbel output.

Mike