Starting a new thread:

We are basically using Closure Library based on Erik’s recommendation, but
at the time I still wanted to support IE8.  We are now making the minimum
IE9 because we want decent SVG support and Object.defineProperties.  So,
now is a good time to revisit how much of Closure Library we need.  IIRC,
we are using

-goog.events: This gets us a decent event model on non-DOM objects.
-goog.provide/require: This gets us a way to order the loading of multiple
JS files which I find useful when debugging JS code during development.
-goog.inherits: This provides a way to set up inheritance and call base
class methods.

I might be forgetting something.  Hopefully Erik as time to offer his
thoughts.

For older browsers I am currently recommending deploying a SWF on those
browsers since they almost all have Flash Player in them.  Then we don’t
have to worry so much about polyfills.

-Alex