Von: Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2016 08:10:12
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [FalconJX] Generating ASDoc

Hi Jason,

That's a pretty good assessment of the problem.

Whether XML or JSON, the data set is pretty much the same:  It will look
like a subset of ObjectUtil.getClassInfo or describeTypeJSON.  Each class
and each of its members has not only the ASDoc that annotates it, but also
a set of other data about whether it is read/write, private/public,
static, override, dynamic, final.

I'm still leaning toward JSON and writing an app instead of a tool chain.
Well, the compiler's dumping of ASDoc as JSON does count as part of a tool
chain, but I'm thinking the app will do all further "transformation".
That way, there is hopefully straight forward Java to generate the JSON
files, and MXML and AS to compute and present the data.  Those 3 languages
are probably better known in our community than XSLT so the gamble is that
more volunteers will be able to help out.

But other volunteers are certainly welcome to implement the XML/XSLT path.

-Alex