Hi Alex,

I tried the both <i class="material-icons">add</I> and

<js:html>
    <i class="material-icons">add</i>
  </js:html>

but didn't worked.

I'll be uploading the branch, since I'm equally worried about the low level
code not working

Thanks!

> On 10/14/16, 10:25 AM, "carlos.rov...@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos
> Rovira" <carlos.rov...@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrov...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm trying to setup a MDL library to start making some components with
> >that
> >look and feel.
> >I'm following the Flat library project indications, and right now I'm
> >building it ok with maven (didn't test Ant, but as a copy/paste from Flat,
> >I think it should work as well).
> >
> >Then I tried in a sample project. Again, new dependencies set and mdl
> >declarations are working, but result is not looking as I expect, maybe due
> >to some low level constructions that I still doesn't dominate (mainly the
> >internals in the "createElement():WrappedHTMLElement" overload, that I
> >want
> >to try to give some love today as I get a bit more time.
> >
> >Ok, from here,...I'm still trying to understand more things... for
> >example:
> >
> >1.- MDL requires some CSS files to be linked. I'm using it with
> >-html-template tag in the example project, but, maybe this should be
> >provided by the MDL.swc ? if so, why could we do this?
>
> Use the <inject_html> directive.  See CreateJS.swc's Application class.
>

> >2.- To start implementing components, maybe it'd be better that someone
> >review what I'm doing (to avoid work in things that not conform to
> >standards setup here). Maybe I should upload the branch for people (Maybe
> >Alex, Peter,...) to take a look?
>
> Sure, feel free to share the branch.
>

> >3.- I started trying to make a simple Colored Fab MDL button... (as
> >described here https://getmdl.io/components/index.html#buttons-section)
> >
> >and find that using a simple mxml declaration almost worked (it's not
> >right, only an approximation, since I can't write "low level" HTML in MXML
> >like an <I> with HTMLElement). So, this:
> >
> ><js:Button className="mdl-button mdl-js-button mdl-button--fab
> >mdl-button--colored">
> ></js:Button>
>
> Did you try:
>
> <js:Button className="mdl-button mdl-js-button mdl-button--fab
> mdl-button--colored">
>   <i class="material-icons">add</i>
> </js:Button>
>
> And/or:
>

> <js:Button className="mdl-button mdl-js-button mdl-button--fab
> mdl-button--colored">
>   <js:html>
>     <i class="material-icons">add</i>
>   </js:html>
> </js:Button>
>
> If neither of those worked, I will take a look.
>

> >Shows a pink circle button, without icon.
> >
> >My MDL button has the following createElement code:
> >
> >/**
> >         * @flexjsignorecoercion org.apache.flex.core.WrappedHTMLElement
> >         * @flexjsignorecoercion HTMLButtonElement
> >         */
> >        override protected function createElement():WrappedHTMLElement
> [...]

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com