> Why are you objecting to using a tooling workflow to find the potential
> conflicts of your code against the various platform implementations?

Because I don’t think it’s just a tooling problem.

Basically, you are suggesting that there should be tooling to warn the user
that certain properties or methods are not allowed because one or more
platforms use the names. (Or rename them.)

Not allowing top specify myObj.transform (for example) because Flash uses
transform is unintuitive and unnecessarily limiting. It also requires a
specific tool chain for it to work. Automatically renaming properties seems
like a hack to me and seems like it will have unexpected side effects. Also:
there’s the question of how to you choose which “transform” to use in your code
— the Flash one or the custom one.

> Animations pound on x,y,width,height as does layout.

So what? If there’s a specific case which is performant sensitive, the Flash
implementation can manipulate the underlying Flash objects directly.

I really believe that composition is the better solution architecturally (as
it’s doing for the HTML side). I’d like to see some proof that there’s a memory
usage issue with using composition, and I believe performance issue which might
come up can be dealt with (by using SWF code blocks and addressing the
$displayObject properties directly).