On 5/31/17, 2:38 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I just switched to dual and I’m getting lots of errors. These errors seem
>to be exactly what I was afraid of, and I’m not sure how to resolve
>without being restricted by naming of properties and methods.
>
>1. I’m using a mask setter and getter for images it’s now giving override
>errors.
>2. contains() is an incompatible override.
>3. scaleX and scaleY
>4. blendMode
>5. rotation
>6. filters
>7. mouseEnabled
>etc….
>
>I thought there was supposed to be something built into the compiler to
>hide the flash-specific APIs and allow reuse of them.

Not just in the compiler, but in metadata.  Search the source for
[SWFOverride].  I guess I don't understand why you want/need to change the
type of scaleX/Y, blendMode, etc.  Wouldn't mouseEnabled always be a
boolean?

SWFOverride is designed for properties like mask and methods like
contains() that are defined as a flash.display.DisplayObject by Flash and
we probably want to use UIBase instead.  SWFOverride will work because
UIBase is a DisplayObject on Flash.  I did not anticipate a requirement
that mouseEnabled would be something other than a boolean.  What types are
you using for these other properties?  Or maybe you just need COMPILE::JS
on mouseEnabled?

HTH,