IMO, it applies to anyone making changes to code paths that are probably
working.  As we've already seen, there is a cost to making a mistake in
what seems like a simple change that totally outweighs the value to the
technology.  Folks creating new features or fixing major bugs are really
"moving the needle" and adding new code paths and I am willing to take
risks around test coverage.  Until our consumers start making requests for
cleaning up technical debt, the minimal functional value gained is
currently not worth the risk.

My 2 cents,
-Alex