When I said “enhance”, I meant both in terms of design and in terms of message.
I too am not sure where Apache will be an attraction or not. I’d be very
interested in what others think.

One of the first projects I looked at when seeing how they did it was Struts
(considering it’s in the news and all) ;-)

They don’t have Apache or the feather in the logo, but they mention Apache in
the main header and have a link back to apache.org <http://apache.org/> in the
top right.[1]
Eagle’s site is nice. They have a feather as their logo. It does not look at
all like the Apache feather, but it likely got inspiration from that.[2]
CouchDB has Apache very deemphasized.[3]

Other projects have varying degrees of emphasizing the Apache name and/or the
feather. (for example[4][5][6])

It seems to me we should put together the best message we can and how the
Apache brand fits into that is part of the bigger picture.

[1]https://struts.apache.org/ <https://struts.apache.org/>
[2]http://eagle.apache.org/ <http://eagle.apache.org/>
[3]http://couchdb.apache.org/ <http://couchdb.apache.org/>
[4]http://hadoop.apache.org/ <http://hadoop.apache.org/>